HELP - Forms 4.5 - character cell forms vs. GUI forms

From: Andrew M. Balshem <am_balshem_at_fccc.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 16:37:31 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] In the past, in character cell forms we've developed (where virtually all actions are controlled by keystrokes) we have created a temporary
(non-database) block where the entry clerk enters an ID and a
TimePoint. A key-nxtfld trigger then determined whether this record
(based on ID/Timepoint) was already in a table or not. If it was
not, the cursor moves to the database block (copying the ID/TimePoint to non-displayed database block fields) in insert mode. It it was, the cursor moves to the database block in update mode.

We are now using GUI forms and I'd like the same control (and in fact do have it as long as the entry clerk keys off of the 2 non-database fields.) However if the entry clerk uses the mouse to move to the database block, problems arise (which I will not go into here). Is there some way of preventing the clerk from leaving the non-database block by way of her mouse??? Received on Tue Aug 04 1998 - 18:37:31 CEST

Original text of this message