Re: Conversion of Designer2000 Application from V.1.3 to V2.1

From: Tim Taylor <ttaylor_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 13:12:51 -0400

Sanghal,

It is entirely possible that the upgrade could take more than 10 hours. One of my customers let theirs run overnight and it was complete in the morning. They have a fairly large application system: 75 or so Entities/Tables and dozens of Funtions/Modules. I do not have any insight as to why this process takes so long, but let it run if you can.

I don't have any experience with Unloading between different versions of the software.

Tim Taylor
Oracle Federal Sales Consulting
Bethesda, MD