Re: PL/SQL help please

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DARE-cable.a2000.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:27:44 +0200

>I have two tables, one is an outstanding check file and the other is a
>cleared check file. I need to read the cleared check file and then check
>for a match in the outstanding file, if one is found, I need to change a
>column in the outstanding file from 'O' to 'C'.

Ehhh, you're using both the word table and file. Which one is it?

If it are two tables, then try something like

    update outstanding_checks outs
    set indicator = 'C'
    where indicator = 'O'
    and exists

      ( select null
        from cleared_checks clrd
        where clrd.check_number = outs.check_number
      );

>I would put what I've done in here but I don't want anyone to laugh at my
>stupid attempt at it.

Even if we were laughing, how could you possibly hear us?

Arjan. Received on Mon Jul 27 1998 - 20:27:44 CEST

Original text of this message