PL/SQL help please

From: Ken Halsted <kenman_at_mail.snider.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:01:01 -0500

I am brand new to all of this but I need some help. I need to do something very simple which really urks me because In my old environment I could do it easy but in Oracle I have no idea.

[Quoted] I have two tables, one is an outstanding check file and the other is a cleared check file. I need to read the cleared check file and then check for a match in the outstanding file, if one is found, I need to change a column in the outstanding file from 'O' to 'C'.

[Quoted] I would put what I've done in here but I don't want anyone to laugh at my stupid attempt at it. Please help. by the way, I created a button on a form that I plan on letting the user press to do the actual clear. Does this make sense?

Thanks for any help. Is there a better newsgroup to ask this question on?

Ken Halsted
kenman_at_mail.snider.net Received on Mon Jul 27 1998 - 17:01:01 CEST

Original text of this message