Re: Forms 4.5: Y2K Date Format to use

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DARE-cable.a2000.nl>
Date: 1998/07/19

>However 'RRRR' uses a sliding window to determine the century, based
>on the year entered and the current date....this could cause problems
>when dealing in multiple centuries....if you allow 2 digit input, that
>is....( see point 2)

So, only allow for the full 4 digits. But still then, I'd never change my default format to YYYY. For example, most Oracle developers are used to the default format DD-MON-YY or DD-MON-RR. Whenever a developer logs into SQL*Plus to update some data, he or she is not very likely to expect the YYYY format. Now, when only two digits are supplied for a date, you are in real trouble. Using DD-MON-RRRR prevents that.

Arjan. Received on Sun Jul 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message