Forms 4.5: Y2K Date Format to use

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: 15 Jul 1998 21:33:40 GMT

As a fairly new forms 4.5 developer and with all the discussions going on relative to the y2k changover, what date format is proper to use for current forms to insure accurate data entry as well as correct century display both now and after 12/31/1999?

I've noticed the "RRRR" format. Is this the suggested format to use for the year portion? Are most people writing forms that force you to enter the entire 4-digit year or is there a way to accurately default the proper century if only a 2-digit year is entered?

We're currently on the 16 bit version of forms 4.5 but will be upgrading to 32-bit version 1.6.1 in the near future. Are there any differences between the 2 that I need to be aware of?

Looking for some guidance as well as suggestions. Thanks.

Steve
skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net
skondolf_at_hatespam.compuserve.com

  • email addresses altered to foil spammers !! ***
  • Remove hatespam. from address before sending ***