reports 2.5 messes up arrow keys in telnet

From: Lee Johnson <hpj_at_ctmed.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:43:19 -0400

Hi,
We're converting to forms 4.5 and report 2.5 on a new server (Solaris 2.5), and are running across a strange problem with reports 2.5. Every time we call a report from our application, the arrow keys stop functioning correctly - they seem to be sending a series of control characters. We then have to completely log out of UNIX and log back in to correct the keys. The strange part is, this only happens if we are emulating vt220. When we emulate vt100, the keys work fine. Has anyone run across this before? The users are used the function keys used in vt220 emulation, and we would hate to have to have them learn the ones for vt100.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 22:43:19 CEST

Original text of this message