Oracle Reports * Repeating frame problem

From: Pedro MARTEL <Pedro.Martel_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:41:17 +0200

[Quoted] Hi. I've got a problem that I would like to solve. I've gone through all Reports tutorial and examples, and I can't find an answer to it.

Imagine you want to select a column from a table, with values between 2 parameters BUT you want each line to be fetched (or if not fetched, at least printed) a :n number of times...

Select part_code from parts where part_code between :part_from and :part_to;

I need my report to print each fetched record a :n number of times...

I've tried with dynamic PL/SQL to create a new table and insert on it :n number of times the select statement, BUT there is a problem. When this report is called from another app it won't run as the main query is on a table that does not exist when the report is launched...

Any ideas? Maybe this is a Columbus egg, but I don't know how to "tell" Oracle Reports to repeat a frame a :n number of times...

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Pedro

--
Vous voulez globaliser ? Commencez par les Droits de l'Homme !

Pedro Martel        |  Tel: +41-22-7674372
CERN - EST          |  Fax: +41-22-7678890