Diagnostic/performance monitoring and tuning tools for Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition

From: <pburke_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 14:43:58 GMT

We are considering purchase of Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition, initially for data warehousing, hopefully for OLTP in the future. I would like to compare features and pricing of Oracle diagnostic/performance monitoring and tuning tools (i.e., "Oracle Diagnostics Pack", "Oracle Tuning Pack") with 3rd party vendor tools that provide comparable functions.

Please e-mail me if your organization went through a similar evaluation and offer your opinions, comments, recommendations, thanks.