Developer 2000 / Cobol question

From: AcsAdmin <acsadmin_at_greennet.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 09:47:43 -0400

Hello,

[Quoted] I have a customer who wants to use their existing VAX Cobol and Dibol programs with an Oracle backend that runs on Open VMS. I have been told (by [Quoted] Oracle) that their existing programs can use the developer 2000 tools in order to get connectivity between the existing Vax programs and the new Oracle Database.

First, I am wondering if that information is accurate. The person from Oracle sounded a little shaky when explaining the technology and I am wondering if he was correct. Second, if the Developer 2000 tools will do the job, how involved is it to make VAX cobol and dibol programs talk to an Oracle server?

Any help is appreciated,

Glenn Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 15:47:43 CEST

Original text of this message