Re: Forms 5 - A bug fix??

From: Chris Hughes <cahughes_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 14:47:55 +0100

Richard,

Pretty much the same comment could be made about any product which evolves over time (is Oracle8 everything that Oracle7 was meant to be?), however it is fair to say that Forms 5 contains a significant amount of new functionality (such as PL/SQL 2.3, SDI support, sound items, "tab canvasses", popup menus etc. etc.).

If I remember correctly, the copy/paste properties bug you refer to was fixed in Forms v4.5.6.3.3 (part of Developer/2000 v1.1). It certainly doesn't cause problems in the D2k 1.3.2 release that I've been using recently...

Good luck,

Chris

Richard Fairbairn wrote in message <1998070619331376740_at_zetnet.co.uk>... I heard through the grapevine that Forms 5 is merely all the things that Forms 4.5 was meant to be but never was. Can someone enlighten me on the subject?

Also, A colleague of mine told me never to use the copy and paste properties feature of Forms 4.5 because it would corrupt any form I was developing. Is this true?

Thanks

R.W. Fairbairn Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 15:47:55 CEST

Original text of this message