Re: CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY

From: Chris Hughes <cahughes_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:15:32 +0100

Hi Mark,

To use a record group as the basis for a List Item, it must have two group columns specified. Since your query only defines one column, this record group cannot be used as the basis for a List Item.

Good luck,

Chris

Mark Liston wrote in message <359a635a.0_at_145.227.194.253>... Hi,
I'm having problems running D2K Forms 4.5 on NT4. I have two procedures, one of
which is selected to populate a List item, dependent on a radio button selection. Both procedures are identical, except for the SELECT statement used. The following procedure works:
BEGIN
sched_group_id := FIND_GROUP('fexd32_sched_group'); IF ID_NULL (sched_group_id)
THEN
  sched_group_id := CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY ('fexd32_sched_group',    'SELECT DISTINCT name, name FROM financial_institutions f, scheduled_returns s

    where s.fi_identifier = f.identifier'); END IF;
query_ok := POPULATE_GROUP (sched_group_id); IF query_ok != 0
THEN
  MESSAGE ('Unable to produce list of Financial Institutions'); END IF;
list_id := FIND_ITEM ('FEXD32_INSTITUTION'); POPULATE_LIST (list_id, sched_group_id); END;
but using the following SELECT statement for the second procedure it fails: SELECT DISTINCT name FROM financial_institutions The error is FRM-41334: Invalid record group for list population. BTW, I am using a different record group name in the second procedure. Any help would be very gratefully received! Thanks, Mark Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 16:15:32 CEST

Original text of this message