Re: Reports 2.5 use of variables

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net>
Date: 30 Jun 1998 02:04:18 GMT

Paul -

Thanks for the reply. As a follow-up:

>We do this all the time. I usually send the parameters
>from a Forms app. I send seperate parameters for
>the lexicals and the display fields.

What if I'm not launching the report from forms? I realize I can build any number of user parameters in Reports but they all show up on the default parameter form? How can I stop them from displaying? Do I have to use a customized parameter form? Remember, I'm really new to all this.

The only way I've been able to accomplish what I want is to create 2 user parameters; one for the actual sort clause that becomes the lexical and one that stores the string I want to display on the report i.e. "Product Code" or "Description" but doing it this way displays both fields when the report is run using the default parameter form.

Thanks again for your reply and in advance for any further responses.

Steve
skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net
skondolf_at_hatespam.compuserve.com

  • email addresses altered to foil spammers !! ***
  • Remove hatespam. from address before sending ***