Re: oracle editor and long text

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 13:09:23 +0100

david pfeiffer wrote:

> I am using the oracle system editor in an oracle form. The text from
> this is also shared with a mainframe system which has limits placed on
> it. The limits are 12 lines of 79 characters each. I am trying to keep
> the oracle editor from extending past this limit or at the very least
> notifying the user when he/she exceeds this limit. If anyone has any
> ideas on this subject I would be interested in hearing it.

Maybe you write a post-text-item-trigger and insert every 79 chars a return (chr(10)). You have to check if the user already entered a return. Use teh substr procedure to get the chars from a string.

Otherwise you can attach another editor to forms. Under WinNT / 95 there is a registry entrie

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\FORMS50_EDITOR or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\FORMS45_EDITOR Just enter the program with its full path you want to be started when the user starts the Editor.

Marcel Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 14:09:23 CEST

Original text of this message