Re: Mirrored items/navigation around in Forms 4.5?

From: Vladimir Pasechnik <vpas_at_unisoft.dp.ua>
Date: 25 Jun 1998 13:06:00 +0300

 Hi, Chris!

    The simplest way is to use the trigger WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE  instead of the trigger POST-TEXT-ITEM etc.

    And it is possible to receive too, by giving for the block's  NAVIGATION STYLE property value CHANGE BLOCK, and NEXT  NAVIGATION BLOCK property value - the name of the your next  block. And, by changing NEXT NAVIGATION ITEM and PREVIOUS NAVIGATION  ITEM properties of items in the block, you can receive navigation,  necessary for you.

  I hope, it will help.

  Vlad.

  Unisoft,ltd
  Dniepropertovsk
  Ukraine

 c> I have a block with about 6 items in it -- 3 are base table items,

      the other
 c> 3 are mirrored items of those. I set it up so that the mirrored

     items have a

 c> different canvas view than the others.
 c>
 c> So, my block looks like this:
 c>
 c> SSN  (canvas1)
 c> FNAME (canvas1)
 c> LNAME (canvas1)
 c> SSN1 (canvas2)
 c> FNAME1 (canvas2)
 c> LNAME1 (canvas2)
 c>
 c> Well, after the person is in canvas 1, I want them to go to another
     block in

 c> canvas 1. I do not want them to go to canvas2 yet. I have tried various  c> triggers on LNAME (when-mouse-leaves, post-text-item) and I get

     an illegal
 c> procedure message. (FRM-40437: Illegal restricted  procedure go_block in

 c> POST-TEXT-ITEM trigger) (I also tried  go_item instead of go_block).
 c>
 c> Any help will be appreciated! c>