Re: Generating large size reports with Reports 2.5

From: oz1dcv <oz1dcv_at_image.dk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:08:24 GMT

On 24 Jun 1998 01:24:36 GMT, danhw_at_aol.com (DanHW) wrote:

>>Have anyone encountered the problem when generating large size reports with
>>Reports 2.5 on a normal PCs with average memory capacity (32-64M), the PC's
>>resource seems to be used up and hardly any other task can be performed. I

>in report-level triggers gets executed. If there is a significant amount of
>work done in report-level procedures and triggers, see if you can move the

I have had the same problem with a very simple kind of report with very little formatting and no triggers. The available memory is slowly eaten, and at about 1200 pages the system stops (NT4.0 SP3 64 MBytes RAM).
There is no difference reporting to screen or disk. I haven't tryed printing to paper, far too many pages.
I think there must be some memory leak in Reports. Yours
Hans Erik Busk
oz1dcv_at_busk.dk Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 21:08:24 CEST

Original text of this message