Re: How to display non-blocking messages in Forms 4.5

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 24 Jun 1998 01:20:38 GMT

>Dear friends,
>
>I'd like to scan a table and to display some information for each
>record considered in real time. I do not want to force the user to
>press the button each time (through message()), I do not want the user
>to watch this info after the execution either (direct assignment to
>multirecord block) had place.
>
>How to do it ? Is it possible with Forms ? Or may only (Pro)C solve
>this problem ?
>
>Thanks. Ezio.

Two options come to mind that are purely FORMS related and do not required any db changes...

  1. Use a timer that expires after a few seconds- if possible.
  2. Use the DBMS_ALERT (I think thats it) package.

Even with a ProC program, you will not be able to read another row until the process writing it has committed.

Dan Hekimian-Williams
Option 1: Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 03:20:38 CEST

Original text of this message