Re: debugging tool for stored PL/SQL

From: <thomasj_at_platinum.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:16:55 GMT

In article <2465A05A033BD111969500805F4BEF5B0C2EE0_at_SULACO>,   Cees Van Tilburg <ctilburg_at_ortec.nl> wrote:

> Does any one of a debugging tool for stored PL/SQL which gives me the
> option to 'step through the code' and
> view all relevant variables.
>
> The shareware tool from Dieter Oberkoffler is good but it uses
> DBMS-pipes, which leaves something
> to be desired...
> Should I wait until ORACLE*FORMS supports PL/SQL 2.x and then use this
> for debugging?
>
> Cees van Tilburg
> ctilburg_at_ortec.nl

Cees,

PLATINUM SQL-Station Debugger, a SQL-Station component, is a tool that debugs server-side PL/SQL code, such as stored procedures, triggers, packages, and functions. Within the user interface, the source code is displayed using an advanced editor (with enhanced search capabilities and syntax highlighting). All dependencies are shown in an easy-to-read tree image that also serves to navigate in the source code, and the variables are presented both in a categorized tree format and a watch grid.

For more information, please visit the SQL-Station page at: http://www.platinum.com/products/appdev/suite2.htm

Janis Thomas
Platinum Technology, Inc.