Re: Data Export

From: Peter H. Larsen <plarsen_at_dc.dynares.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:14:19 -0400

Hi,
In your case I would use ODBC to interface word to the database. Oracle does not have a default tool to make ASCII files ... in the rare cases where I've had to use them, I've created SQL*Plus scripts to dump a random table into ascii files. Just remember, comma seperated just doesn't work when you do it from SQL*PLUS, unless you're very carefull about your contents and replace all ' with '' and " with "" inside strings.

But why work with files when process streams do the same?

  • Peter H. Larsen Oracle Consultant