Re: Data Export

From: Prasad Chavali <pchavali_at_assettech.com>
Date: 16 Jun 1998 13:40:02 -0700

Mutliple ways to export data into files:

  1. Using Reports: Do the data model and choose the output mode as character and run the report into a file out put. There will be spaces between columns or you can concatenate your text delimiters of choice. Then you can do whatever with the output file. We use this to generate excel spreadsheet outputs.
  2. Discover 2000 also can do the data export. After you built your query you can save the output in many different ways (spreadsheets, text, etc.)
  3. Forms 4.5 has TEXT_IO package which will do the data input into text files. We do this to upload our data into legacy systems (pre-defined formats, spacings).

HTH Prasad Chavali
pchavali_at_assettech.com