Help needed on developer 2000 : deploying on the web

From: christophe godard <christophe.godard_at_art.alcatel.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:18:34 GMT

I have a problem in deploying a .fmx example application on the web with "developper 2000/developer 2000 server".

 All my tests are done locally on the same PC (NT 4.0 WORKSTATION, 160MO RAM, 6GO DISK). I have installed locally all these Oracle's products :

  • Enterprise edition, Developer 2000 (complete + deployment server)

I use the default Oracle database.

I have also an Apache web server (on the port 9000) and a Netscape browser.

I built a little example application with Developer 2000 Builder : the local Oracle database, and the .fmx which is locally ok (the runtime is ok). This application runs locally with no problem.

In order to acces to this .fmx with netscape browser via an applet java, I read the following online documentation : "developer/2000 guidelines for building applications, Deploying Applications on the Web", and followed all the recommendations to create a "static (non-cartridge) HTML" file.

In Netscape, the applet java runs but the .fmx doesn't run. I have the following error message in
a dialog box :

Java exception:
oracle.forms.uiclient.v1_4engine.RunformsException: FRM-99999: Registry file
http://col089520928a.art.alcatel.fr:9000/web_code/oracle/forms/uiClient/v1_4/util/Registry.dat is missing.
at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.initRegistry(Compiled Code)
at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.startRunform(Compiled Code)
at oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Runform.Runform.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

In the Java Console I have also :

#error: Inconsisten files in META-INF directoryd(-7886)
#	jar file: c:\TEMP\jzipGOGJ.TEMP
#	path:     c:\TEMP\jzipGOGJ.TEMP
#Error: loading of signatures has failed(-1)
#	jar file: c:\TEMP\jzipGOGJ.TEMP
#	path:     /web_code/

netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.checksystemclipboardaccess:security.checksystemclipboardaccess

I put all needed alias in the "srm.conf" Apache file as described in Step 3A of the "Deploying Applications on the Web" documentation.

My "static non cartridge HTML" file is :

<HTML>

<!-- FILE: static.htm -->
<!-- Oracle Static (Non-Cartridge) HTML File Template (Windows NT) -->
<!-- Rename, and modify tags and parameter values as needed -->

<HEAD><TITLE>Developer/2000 for the Web</TITLE></HEAD>

<BODY><BR>Please wait while the Forms Client class files download and
run.

      <BR>This will take a second or two...
<P>

<!-- applet definition (start) -->
<APPLET CODEBASE="/web_code/"

        CODE="oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Main"
        ARCHIVE="/web_jars/f50web.jar"
        HEIGHT=20
        WIDTH=20>

<PARAM NAME="serverPort"
VALUE="9000">
<PARAM NAME="serverArgs"
VALUE="module=c:\orant\bin\maquette_caract_gen.fmx
userid=system/manager_at_">

<PARAM NAME="serverApp"

       VALUE="default">

</APPLET>
<!-- applet definition (end) -->

</BODY>
</HTML>

Could you please help me to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Christophe Godard.

Project Leader Engineer
Alcatel Business System
32 ave kleber
92707 Colombes Cedex (France)

Email: christophe.godard_at_art.alcatel.fr Phone Number: (33) 1 55 66 37 31
Fax: (33) 1 55 66 44 17 Received on Tue Jun 16 1998 - 11:18:34 CEST

Original text of this message