Re: Des2K: Many-to-Many Master-Detail Form

From: VIAENEH <VIAENEH_at_nospam.btmaa.bel.alcatel.be>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:38:02 -0700

Jeroen van der Goorbergh wrote:

> Thank you for your response, but the actual filling of the intersection
> table is the problem. I assumed this was done automatically or that the
> nessesary (trigger-)code would automatically be generated by Des2K, but I'm
> not so sure anymore (and getting a bit desperate).
> When I implement the intersection table in the Module Data Diagrammer and
> I set the items (DCU's) of the intersection table to non-display ('cause i'm
> not interested in the fk-values), the forms-generator halts and responds
> with a message like 'CGEN-01335: ERROR: Block xxx based on table yyy: no
> display items found'. But when I change the items to be displayed I get the
> following messages:
>
> 'CGEN-01140: xxx.yyy used in link to previous block changed to non-display'
>
> and consequently (of course)
>
> 'CGEN-01335: ERROR: Block xxx based on table yyy: no display items found'

... a lot snipped ...

> Generate and run the form. Execute a query on the Projects block.
> The Emp block displays those employees that have been assigned to
> work on the project that is the current record in the Projects block.
> To add more functionality to this base form, you can create a button
> that, when pressed, displays the Projects_Emp Block to allow users to
> add or delete project/employee assignments.
> Oracle WorldWide Customer Support
What do you mean by "... the actual filling of the intersection  table is the problem" ??? Do you mean inserting values in the intersection table, in that case the last paragraph above says exactly that YOU (or your user) has to do this, there is no selection mechanism that can decide for you. You can of course make these fields LOV's to the tables containing the PK's.
If you mean just selecting the existing data, then you must include the fields in your module so that the links between the tables can be specified, but you can leave them not displayed.

  • A L C A T E L B E L L S P A C E & D E F E N S E ******* Herman Viaene Berkenrodelei 33, B-2660 Hoboken, Belgium Tel: (32/3)8295591 Fax: (32/3)8295502 OIS-mail: viaeneh_at_AM_at_BTMA97 Internet-mail: viaeneh_at_btmaa.bel.alcatel.be X400: Viaene Herman (C=BE,A=RTT,P=ALCANET,OU1=BELA1,O=ALCATEL, S="Viaene",G="Herman")