Re: Error connecting to PO8 from Dev2k v.20

From: <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 10 Jun 1998 10:44:50 -0400

I think that you got bad advice. Net8 is basically a renamed SQL*Net v3. A v2 client should not have any problem communicating with a Net8 server.

The Net8 documentation explains how to set up a listener in case you decide that you want to make another try.

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Distributed Data Security
                                        Oracle Corporation