Re: Error connecting to PO8 from Dev2k v.20

From: Patrick Flahan <flahan_at_southeast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 18:46:36 -0400

[Quoted] Good luck trying to get this to work (they didn't seem to know that the problem existed). I spent about a week going back and forth with Oracle Tech Support trying to get them to work together. The problem is because D2k uses version 2.x of SQLNET and the po8 uses a totally different version called Net8. The last tech support person said that I would have to configure a listener but couldn't tell me how. I finally gave up trying to use po8 because the version I had didn't have the objects option (that's the whole reason I wanted it).

You might want to take a look at http://technet.oracle.com/ I think that may have some documentation on the problem.

Sorry I can't help more.

Patrick Flahan

<35793BAB.2E94185C_at_mx2.redestb.es>...