Re: Forms 4.5 mouse navigation

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 6 Jun 1998 05:34:47 GMT

In article <6l8ppm$m44$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,  <lepekhine_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>I want to create new record with KEY-CREREC only, not with mouse navigation.
>I saw in FAQ's suggestion to use PRE-RECORD trigger with
>RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE in case of mouse navigation to new record.
>But Forms 4.5.7.0.10 under Win95 after several tries of mouse navigation
>to new record failed with memory violation error.
>
>May be anyone know how to do it?

Raise Form_Trigger_Failure never worked for me, either.

Try this: In the Key-CreRec trigger, set a flag to true, and then Create_Record. In the When-New-Recrod-Instance trigger, if the record_Status is 'NEW' and the flag is true, all is ok, and set the flag to false. But if the flag is false, then the mouse-click was used, so go to the previous record.

Hope this works.
Steve Cosner Received on Sat Jun 06 1998 - 07:34:47 CEST

Original text of this message