Re: DBMS_SQL with Forms 5

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 6 Jun 1998 05:29:27 GMT

In article <3577C5B5.AC17218F_at_jameswatt.ac.uk>, Jamie Keir <jkerr_at_jameswatt.ac.uk> wrote:
>I've got a form which under 4.5 worked fine. After porting to 5.0, I had
>trouble with a forms bug which restricted the form to being run against
>the version of the RDBMS it was compiled with - previously it ran agains
>multiple versions. Oracle apparently knows about this bug.
>
>The problem is that whenever I call DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE, I get an ORA-3113.
>I know what normally causes this error, and can't see any obvious
>connection with DBMS_SQL other than an incompatibility with Forms. Other
>stored packages / procedures work OK, and it doesn't matter what the
>parsed SQL statement is. Trace files are generated on the server with
>zero length. I've tried reinstalling and manually recompiling the
>server-side DBMS_SQL package to no avail.
>
>Forms V 5.0
>RDBMS 7.1.4, 7.1.6.2
My QA utility form gets the problem with DBMS_SQL.Parse with a server at version 7.3.2. You have to run Forms 5.0 forms against 7.3.4 or higher, and 8.0.4 and above.

Although I haven't tried this, you could create a stored procedure to make the DBMS_SQL call, and call the stored procedure from the form. If you try and it works, please let me know.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Sat Jun 06 1998 - 07:29:27 CEST

Original text of this message