SQLLDR80 question - getting as much text input as possible?

From: Paul Wagner <wagner_at_cs.umn.edu>
Date: 5 Jun 1998 17:08:44 GMT

I'm trying to load some data into Personal Oracle for Win95, v. 8.0.3. The problem is that the relevant field is varchar2, with a max. limit of 4000 characters, and some of the data to load is >4000 chars. in length. SQLLDR80 rejects these records with more data than the field can handle. Is there any way of getting in the *first* 4000 characters, essentially truncating the input data at the 4000 char limit and just storing that much? Couldn't find any way of doing this in the SQLLDR docs, but if there is any way of doing this with a varchar2 field I'd much appreciate any ideas or information.

Thanks,

Paul

--

* Paul J. Wagner School - wagner_at_cs.umn.edu *