Re: Deploying Forms 4.5 Runtime, SQL*Net and SQL*Plus

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 21:10:12 GMT

Ariel Kirson <arielk_at_exlibris.co.il> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Our company develops software using Developer 2000
>which we then wish to distribute to our clients around
>the world. The problem we have is with the deployment
>of the Runtime software.
>
>Can anyone advise as to how to create a "bare" version
>of the Dev2000 CD-ROM which includes only the necessary
>files for installation of the Forms Runtime, Reports Runtime,
>SQL*Net and SQL*Plus ?
>
>If we had such a version, we could then deploy it over the web,
>or even via diskettes, without having to physically visit each
>installation site with our original CD-ROM.
>
>Thank you for your time,
>
>Ariel Kirson
>Ex Libris.

There is documentation about this somewhere in the Dev2000 doc set ( I know, its a bear to use) - It details the contents of the *.PRD and other files used by Orainst...I am not at my pc right now, but I know I have read it...Check the Tools/doc20/guide20 in your Oracle_Home - There is a utility called the File Packager which will do most of the work Received on Tue Jun 02 1998 - 23:10:12 CEST

Original text of this message