Developer 2000 and SYBASE ??

From: haugstad <haugstad_at_online.no>
Date: 26 May 1998 22:08:04 GMT

Developer 2000 and SYBASE

Hi

We have used Oracle's Developer 2000 suite (Forms, Reports..) for some years, .. with Oracle as database.

Now, one of our customers request that we use SYBASE and my question to you is; can I still use my Developer 2000 development tools when I make my applications with a SYBASE . Or should I invest in educating my programmers in SYBASE and for example PowerBuilder ?

I have learned that with plain ODBC access, it should work, but what about stored procedures, triggers, reports etc. Can some porting from Oracle be done, or do we need to rewrite ?

Also, how is the Pro-C compiler solved in a SYBASE environment ? Does SYBASE have a similar pre-compiler ?

Can I use Oracles Management tools to manage the SYBASE ?

Have anyone faced this challenge before ? and solved it ?

Any advice are most appreciated..

Regards Leif Received on Wed May 27 1998 - 00:08:04 CEST

Original text of this message