Re: Common TNSNames.ORA file

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_eastman.com>
Date: 26 May 1998 21:39:12 GMT

If you have MANY Oracle databases to manage, I would suggest you check out using Oracle Names. It serves as a "Domain Name Server" for Oracle databases.

If you have geographically separate sites that you want to share common TNSNAMES files, a single network drive may not be feasible for lookup on every connection. With Oracle Names you can have a Name Server at each geographic location and a single "copy" of the TNS information stored in an Oracle database. The database is read once when the Name Server starts. After that, the clients access their "local" Name Server for TNS information.

--
Thomas W. Vanya
Database Administrator

George Mansoor <George.Mansoor_at_csun.edu> wrote in article
<3565C959.B2710283_at_csun.edu>...