sqlldr80 version 8.03 Hangs

From: <markjo_at_cwcinc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 20:46:47 GMT

I am having trouble with SQLLDR80 hanging when I try to load data. I am using Personal Oracle 8.0 on Windows95.

The command is:
sqlldr80 USERID=scott/tiger CONTROL = CREDIT_INFORMATION.ctl log = CREDIT_INFORMATION.log bad = CREDIT_INFORMATION.bad

The following is a portion of the log file that did get written:

Control File:   CREDIT_INFORMATION.ctl
Data File:      CREDIT_INFORMATION.txt
  Bad File:     CREDIT_INFORMATION.bad

  Discard File: none specified

 (Allow all discards)

Number to load: ALL
Number to skip: 0
Errors allowed: 50
Bind array:     64 rows, maximum of 65536 bytes
Continuation:    none specified
Path used:      Conventional

Table CREDIT_INFORMATION, loaded from every logical record. Insert option in effect for this table: REPLACE

I cut the load file down from 40,000 records to 37. 36 records loads fine with record number 17 rejected for violating the primary key. If I add one more record to the text file and try to load the 38 records the loader hangs and does not write the full log file. If I fix record 17 so it does not violate the primary key all 38 records load successfully.

I am having this problem with several different ctl/data files when there is a data error. I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark