Re: error accessing PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE

From: Darren Capper <xzo92_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 21:42:39 +0100

Linda Harte wrote in message <356149ae.0_at_per-nts1>...
>Having a problem logging on to Oracle 7.3 (on an NT Server)
>using SQL*Plus from an NT Workstation.
>I can connect as the SYSTEMuser but not as any other user.
>I can however log onto Oracle using other applications that connect
>using SQL*Net (ie SQL Worksheet) and applications that use ODBC.
>

>If I attempt to connect as another user and then disconnect this user using
>Instance Manager I get the following messages in SQL*Plus
>
>Error accessing PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE
>Warning: Product user profile information not loaded!
>You may need to run PUPBLD.SQL as SYSTEM
>Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
>ERROR:
>ORA-01012: not logged on
>
>Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
>You may need to install the Oracle Procedural option
>SET APPINFO requires Oracle Server Release 7.2 or later
>Use of Oracle SQL feature not in SQL92 Entry Level.
>

>I have tried to run pupbld.sql when logged on as SYSTEM but SQL*Plus
>hangs.
>
>Can anybody out there help me out with this?
>
>Linda

Linda,

There are two problems here.
1) Product user profile
2) Dbms_application_info

  1. This is easy simply run pupbld.sql
  2. This means that you have not created your database completely. After the install and the create default database process you need to run catproc.sql etc. See your Oracle DBA course notes :)