Re: Adding a field to Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Richard Brands <wncreb_at_cco.wnc.nedlloyd.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 11:30:52 +0100

Antonio Tortora wrote:

> This one has me stumped.
>
> I have create a table and then design the forms screen. The Interaction
> with the form and the table works fine. The problem is when I add a
> field to the table. How do you properly add the field to the form. The
> only way I have been able to put the field in the block is do a copy and
> then a paste. Then I remain the field to the new field I created and
> make sure the field is set to the proper block. When I try to use the
> form and put data in that field. I receive and unable to insert record
> error. Does anyone know how to add the field without deletnig the block
> and inserting it again.

Antonio,
In the object navigator open the block and the items into which you need to add a field. Then press the create button, which is the button with a green plus sign on it. This creates a new field. Remember that the 'database field' indicator is set to yes by default. You may want to change that to No if it concerns a nonbase field. Don't forget to add the canvas name to the item so that the field appears on the screen.

regards,

richard Received on Fri May 15 1998 - 12:30:52 CEST

Original text of this message