PL/SQL mode in emacs

From: Ilja-Daniel Werner <Ilja.Werner_at_frqnet.de>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 16:17:36 +0200

Hi people.

I just downloaded the emacs mode PLS-mode from Oracle. Now i'd like to create a simple programming environment.

It works fine under NT with the newest NTEMACS

Does anybody have experiences with that emacs mode concerning the compile command.

How do I compile-only with the procedure-bilder Linemode interface. What kind of .pld file do i have to write to simply compile a new package.

I tried

pb20w32t.exe mode=batch hugo.pld

hugo .pld contained some .create .load .compile .attach things bat I *absolutely* failed. ;-(

This is the scenario.

Lets write this File in emacs

PACKAGE hugo IS

   PROCEDURE greeting;
END hugo;

PACKAGE BODY hugo IS

   PROCEDURE greeting IS
   BEGIN
      text_io.put_line('This is a greeting');    END greeting;
END hugo;

now I want simply click "compile" and browse the errors.

I want to write the Package all in one, not like the pbuilder dictates me.

I dont like SQL*PLUS as environment because i hate the "create or replace" and "/" things when developping.

In my opinion we shoud treat PL/SQL as a programming language and we shoud work with it the way we learned.

Thanx

Ilja.Werner_at_frqnet.de Received on Thu May 07 1998 - 16:17:36 CEST

Original text of this message