Re: Forms4.5 -menu Query_Parameter

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 12:27:14 +0100

Your Name wrote:

> We are currently converting our SQL*Menu5.0 menu to Forms4.5, and are
> having some issues with the substitution parameters.
>
> When running SQL*Menu5.0, we would call QUERY_PARAMETER from a
> procedure, and a small window would pop up showing the label we had
> specified and room for the parameter to be entered. After converting to
> Forms4.5, when we call QUERY_PARAMETER, a window pops up which takes up
> the entire height of the screen, and most of the width. The main
> problem with this is that it covers up the space where the hint line
> would normally be.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem, and can you offer any ideas how to
> resize the window?

  If you specified the window in forms you can set width and heigth of it in its property sheet.
For manipulating these values during runtime use

SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('WINDOW_NAME', WIDTH, 200);
SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('WINDOW_NAME', HEIGTH, 100);
SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('WINDOW_NAME', X_POS, 20);
SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('WINDOW_NAME', Y_POS, 10);

(you can also use
SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('WINDOW_NAME', WINDOW_SIZE, 200, 100); SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('WINDOW_NAME', POSITION, 20, 10); ) Marcel Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 13:27:14 CEST

Original text of this message