Re: Concurrent manager

From: Steve Davis <spd_at_patrol.i-way.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 21:59:23 GMT

Bryan,
AFAIK you can't get the concurrent mamager to write to the NT box, but you could try re-defining the printer drivers to copy the output to NT (I haven't tried this btw):

Create a new printer style, "NTTransfer" Work out the ftp (or other) command required to transfer from UNIX to NT
Create a new printer driver "NTTransfer" and instead of an "lp" command in the "command" field, put the ftp command. Profile variables can be used in this command e.g. $PROFILES$.FILENAME (or something like this) will contain the filename of the concurrent request output. - have a look at the parameters to the lp command in the standard printer drivers.

Number of copies will be ignored, as it won't be a parameter to the ftp command, but if number of copies is zero, I don't know if the command will be executed.

HTH,
Steve