Re: Oracle Forms -> Java applet

From: Chris Yearsley <chris.yearsley_at_gecm.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:47:52 GMT

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:29:53 -0600, daehyunb_at_hotmail.com wrote:
>The error message sounds simple enough. The communication was severed
>between the web server and forms listener. Whenever java applet runs, it
>kills the forms listener. Does anyone have similar problem? Is there a
>solution to this? Why does the applet kill Oracle forms listener?

We had this when we tried running the forms listener on Solaris 2.6 (an unsupported platform, but we had a go anyway). We 'fixed' it by running it under the supported versions of Solaris!

It wasn't just the Java applet. We tried telnet-ing to the port the server was on. That killed it immediately, too.

(This was the forms server from Dev2k 1.5.1)

--
Chris Yearsley
chris.yearsley_at_gecm.com