Re: Does Oracle have a tool like T.O.A.D.?

From: jmw42969 <jmw42969_at_glaxowellcome.com>
Date: 30 Apr 1998 11:00:06 GMT

bamafan <bamafan92_at_hotmail.com> wrote in article <3547b1f2.367235274_at_newstoo.HiWAAY.net>...

Oh, I agree. I guess a lot of other people agree as well judging by the difficulty I just had downloading my morning version. And I've recommended TOAD to users in another news group. TOAD is so much better in terms of usability than the commercial tools that I was just wondering if Oracle had something similar. Which brings up a question, why don't they? It doesn't have to be a fancy guy-in-a-three-piece-suit designed tool but something simple. Something between SqlPlus and 2000. I'm pretty much strictly an Oracle contractor but I once got stuck on a Sql Server project and have turned down other projects because of Sql Server. But just one of the many factors that seems to be swaying clients to Sql Server is the tools that comes with it. You know, Oracle could probably suck up something like TOAD for chump-change and throw it on all of the cds. TOAD doesn't take up much space.