Re: newbie Q: naming conventions for Dev2K objects?

From: Adrian Klingel <klingela_at_nospam.nt.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:01:41 -0500

I usually preface my object names with an abbreviation of the types of objects they are. For example, I have an object named "department" which will sometimes appear as a text item, and sometimes as a list item. I'd name them:

                  TI_DEPARTMENT (the text item)
                  LI_DEPARTMENT (the list item)

This is how I name my objects in my object library in Forms 5.0, which comes in handy on the smartclass pop-up. Hope this helps.

Adrian Klingel
Consultant

Please remove the "nospam." from my address to reply.

klingela at nt dot com