Re: RPT/RPF and Y2k? Any issues?

From: Peter H. Larsen <petlars_at_pip.dknet.dk>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 22:36:14 GMT

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:43:57 GMT, chris.yearsley_at_gecm.com (Chris Yearsley) wrote:

>What's the status of RPT and RPF regarding the year-2000 issues? I
>checked the Oracle site and couldn't find anything, although they often
>seem to 'hide' things so maybe I missed it!

I wouldn't think there is any "way" to do RPT/RPF Y2K compliant as all RPTs I've made always use character for dates. The RR is supported by the RDBMS and hence should be available to the RPT/RPF. But I started already in 92 to extend dates to 4 digit years due to this problem.

So personally I wouldn't count on any "Oracle official message" giving RPT the Y2K approval.

Regards
Peter H. Larsen (petlars_at_pip.dknet.dk) Oracle Consultant (not affiliated with Oracle) Received on Wed Apr 29 1998 - 00:36:14 CEST

Original text of this message