Re: URGENT: htf.formselectoption() IN htp.tabledata()

From: Richard Willemsen <rwillems_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:02:53 GMT

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 02:50:21 +0100, "W.S.Yee" <yh902092_at_stmail.staffs.ac.uk> wrote:

>i need solution for this problem urgently, project hand in date
>approaching...
>
>how do i put this statements in htp.tabledata?
>
>for m in (select distinct (cMakNam) as cMakNam from maker order by cMakNam)
>loop
>htp.formselectoption (m.cMakNam);
>end loop;
>
>or any other way to generate selectOption from a database and put in
>htp.TableData()?
>
>thanks.

It should be something like:

htp.tablerowopen;
htp.TABLEDATAOPEN;
htp.formselectopen('aname');

for m in (select distinct (cMakNam) as cMakNam from maker order by cMakNam) loop
htp.formselectoption (m.cMakNam);
end loop;
htp.formselectclose;
htp.TABLEDATACLOSE;;
htp.tablerowclose;

BUT since there is no htp.TABLEDATAOPEN and htp.TABLEDATACLOSE you have to change that to htp.print('<TD>') and hpt.print('</TD>').

This is one of the reasons why I do not use the HTP and the HTF packages. I have written my own HTP and HTF packages. I have implemented each tag as:

procedure/function tagTAGNAME(....) ....
procedure/function tagTAGNAMEOpen(....) ....
procedure/function tagTAGNAMEClose(....) ....

I hope this will help,

grtnx,
Richard

Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

Richard Willemsen
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rwillems/ Received on Wed Apr 22 1998 - 12:02:53 CEST

Original text of this message