Re: How to trace whether user performs a query?

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:55:53 +0800

Sim Keng Hwee wrote:

> In Database Trigger, it can only trace on Update, Insert and Delete. Is
> there any way to trace user performing a query? If yes, how it can be
> done? Please advice. Thank you.

Check the audit options at the database level... You can audit to either O.S file or database table and track who is doing what on the db....Note that it will incur a slight performance overhead to do this...

HTH

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth, Western Australia
"These views mine not BHP..etc etc"

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad."