re: Record deleted by another user

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/04/17

Include ROWID in your query (you'll have to give it an alias like ROW_ID) then, when you populate your records include :blockname.rowid := ROW_ID;

Forms 5 recognises ROWID as a datatype. Earlier versions don't, so use VARCHAR2(32). SQL handles the conversion between the two internally. you don't need a conversion function.

 Before some wiseguy climbs in and tells me it should be VARCHAR2(18) - yup that's right - until you upgrade to Oracale8 then it'll bite you.

John

>> In a Forms 4.5 form, I populate a block programatically, without using<BR>
>> the<BR>
>> block query mechanism. After populating each record in the block, I<BR>
>> change<BR>
>> it's status to QUERY_STATUS, so that the block knows that the records<BR>
>> exist<BR>
>> already in the database. However, the records cannot be updated<BR>
>> because of<BR>
>> the error FRM 40657 - Record changed or deleted by another user.<BR>
>> <BR>
>> Anyone know of a way around this?<BR>
>> <BR>
>> -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion<BR>
>> ==-----<BR>
>> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based<BR>
>> newsreading<BR>
>> <BR>
><BR>

John

John C. Lennon
Utility Partners Inc.
Las Vegas

Web Site: http://members.aol.com/jomarlen/

The views expressed in this message
are those of the author and not
necessarily those of U.P.
and/or its employees. Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message