re: Record deleted by another user

From: Harvey Mark <IMCEAMS-EARTH_PO1_msmrh>
Date: 1998/04/15

	This is usually caused by a locking problem - basically,
	Oracle attempts to lock the row when an update is made.

	As you have populated the row programatically, there is no
	ROWID present, which is what oracle uses to take out a row
	level lock. Due to the ROWID not being present, Oracle assumes
	that the row does not exist on the database anymore, hence the
	message ......deleted by another user.

	This is a messy situation to find yourself in, you could put
code
	ON-LOCK to null and lock the record yourself using the primary
key
	and then re-write the ON-UPDATE event. However, I would not
really
	recommend going away from the Oracle default processing unless
	it is really necessary.

		Mark Harvey.