Re: Strange ora:00604 error in Forms

From: Charles Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/04/15

Wei Tang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am building an application using Oracle Forms4.0. The form has several
> buttons and blocks which has some cursors in it. It runs fine at the
> beginning, while after I hit some buttons several times, I get a strange
> error-ORA 00604:
>
> 00604, 00000, "error occurred at recursive SQL level %s"
> // *Cause: An error occurred while processing a recursive SQL statement
> // (a statement applying to internal dictionary tables).
> // *Action: If the situation described in the next error on the stack
> // can be corrected, do so; otherwise contact Oracle Support.
>
> I have no idea why this happens. I've tried to write "commit" after each
> update statement. But it's helpless.

(if you upgraded to Forms 4.5 you might see more of the error message stack, which could be helpful).

A common cause of this error is running out of cursors. Try persuading your
DBA to add the line

open_cursors = 100

to init.ora and restart the database. Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message