Re: Drivers

From: Henk de Wilde <dewildeh_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1998/04/13

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998 10:38:18 -0400, "Jennifer Caudullo" <jennifer_caudullo_at_acwins.com> wrote:

>I am creating a package and package body for my stored procedures. I
>created the package with no problems. However, when I run the package body,
>I get the same error message:
>
>Driver Message[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00900: invalid
>SQL statement.
>
>I know there are different drivers and depending on the driver that changes
>the syntax. I am using the 2.73 version Microsoft Oracle driver.
>
>Here is one of my stored procedures below. Can you please tell me what is
>wrong with it or what this error message means. My email address is
>jennifer_caudullo_at_acwins.com
>
>Thank you
>
> PROCEDURE GetScenarios
> (scenario out tscenario,
> name out tname,
> scenario_type out tscenario_type,
> valuation_date out tvaluation_date,
> run_date out trun_date,
> phase1_complete out tphase1_complete,
> gaap_results_final out tgaap_results_final,
> statutory_results_final out tstatutory_results_final,
> overhead_final out toverhead_final)
> IS CURSOR scenario_cur is
> SELECT scenario,
> name,
> scenario_type,
> valuation_date,
> run_date,
> phase1_complete,
> gaap_results_final,
> statutory_results_final,
> overhead_final
> FROM ibnr.scenario;
>
> scenariocount NUMBER DEFAULT 1;
>
> BEGIN
>
> FOR SCursor in scenario_cur
> LOOP
> scenario(scenariocount):= SCursor.scenario;
> name(scenariocount):=SCursor.name;
> scenario_type(scenariocount):=SCursor.scenario_type;
> valuation_date(scenariocount):=SCursor.valuation_date;
> run_date(scenariocount):=SCursor.run_date;
> phase1_complete(scenariocount):=SCursor.phase1_complete;
> gaap_results_final(scenariocount):=SCursor.gaap_results_final;
>
>statutory_results_final(scenariocount):=SCursor.statutory_results_final;
> overhead_final(scenariocount):=SCursor.overhead_final;
> scenariocount:=scenariocount+1;
> END LOOP;
> END;

Try replacing the "out" 's in your parameter list with "in out". At least two versions of PL/SQL go haywire when you use "out".

It's been more than a year ago that I had this problem so I am not sure wether I had the same error message then, but it was something equally uninformative.

HTH Received on Mon Apr 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message