Re: How to display items in the order that they were input in ORACLE 8?

From: UniSoft <oracle_at_unisoft.dp.ua>
Date: 1998/04/08

order by ROWNUM ?..
[Quoted] Oracle says: 'ROWNUM - position of single row among other rows selected by query...'

IMHO, 'order by ROWNUM' equal no order at all. Better way to use new column with values from sequence and trigger 'after insert' for table.

BR,
  Eugene

2-Apr-98 15:35 Hero R. Post wrote:
:>You can try ordering the records by Rownum
:>Select <column1>,<column2>.....
:>from <tablename>
:>order by ROWNUM
:>
:>Hope it works (it does with me)
:>Hero
:>
:>m.L. wrote in message <35237a8f.150133733_at_news.earthlink.net>...
:>>
:>>Hi everyone,
:>>
:>> I have a question from work. We are trying to display the
:>>order of the details (master-details) in the order that they were
:>>input. Oracle always sort out its display by certain column, and we
:>>are trying to accomplish the inputorder withing adding extra column.
:>>
:>>any helps will be greatly appreciated.
:>>
:>>
:>>Michael L.
:>