Re: How to display items in the order that they were input in ORACLE 8?

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1998/04/09

The only way to guarantee a retrieval sequence is to have a sortable field. In Oracle, this would mean a sequence number field that is either part of the key or 'extra' in the row. The only other way is to have the entire table/object fit within 1 db read (usually 5 blocks/10K) and never be changed.

Say hello to Sam Perez and John Serrano for me (Joe M. at NPC).