initial values in Forms 5.0

From: Karen Kluge <kakluge_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: 1998/04/07

[Quoted] Does anyone know how to specify an initial value for a list item programmatically in Forms 5.0? If I type the name of a global variable on to the property sheet, at runtime I get an error that the global variable is undefined, even though I defined it in the WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE trigger.

There doesn't seem to be an item property of INITIAL_VALUE that can be set with SET_ITEM_PROPERTY. The Forms 4.5 documentation I have mentions a DEFAULT_VALUE item property, but DEFAULT_VALUE appears to be a built-in function in 5.0 used to initialize variables.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Karen Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message