Re: initial values in Forms 5.0

From: <igal_at_healthstreet.com>
Date: 1998/04/09

In article <352A7154.D4729B18_at_ucdavis.edu>,   kakluge_at_ucdavis.edu wrote:

> Does anyone know how to specify an initial value for a list item
> programmatically in Forms 5.0? If I type the name of a global variable
> on to the property sheet, at runtime I get an error that the global
> variable is undefined, even though I defined it in the
> WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE trigger.
>
> There doesn't seem to be an item property of INITIAL_VALUE that can be
> set with SET_ITEM_PROPERTY. The Forms 4.5 documentation I have mentions
> a DEFAULT_VALUE item property, but DEFAULT_VALUE appears to be a
> built-in function in 5.0 used to initialize variables.
>
> Any assistance greatly appreciated.
>
> Karen

Hello Karen,
Try setting value to the global variable in PRE-FORM trigger. If this trigger fires before you can set the right value to the global variable, try explicitly specify the right value to the list item by using the COPY built-in (as for a usual text item) in an appropriate trigger. I think the latter works only for COMBO list items. Igal.